It is desirable to measure a person’s metabolic rate at a true resting level. To ensure one is at rest, I recommend the following preparation:
- Avoid eating a meal 4 hours before the test.
- Avoid exercising on the day of testing. If planning a VO2 test on the same day, be sure to do RMR test first.
- If possible, avoid the use of stimulants such as caffeine prior to testing.
- During the test it will be important to get into a comfortable position and relax as much as possible.
- Keep lips sealed lightly around the mouthpiece. It is important that all the air breathed out is analyzed by the CardioCoach PLUS™.